OhioRecorders.com OhioRecorders.com Excel File of Ohio Recorders Text File of Ohio Recorders Contact Us Print Page Ohio Recorders Recording Fees in Ohio Recorded Documents in Ohio Large Map of Ohio Home Officers Recorded Documents in Ohio Ohio Recorders Recording Fees in Ohio Functions of Ohio Recorders Historical Information Large Ohio Map Contact Us Member Login

Ross County Recorder - Frequently Asked Questions


1. What is your mailing address?
P.O. Box 6162
Chillicothe, Ohio 45601-6162

2. What is your delivery address?
Recorder's Office
Ross County Courthouse
2 N. Paint St.
Suite E
Chillicothe, Ohio 45601

3. Does your county have tract (geographical) indexing?
No - Alpha (name only)

4. Does your county require a legal description with releases and assignments?
We do not require a legal description to be attached to full releases and assignments. We only require a legal be attached if it is a partial release.

5. Does your county require $4.00 for marginal notations on releases and assignments?

6. What do you charge for copies made by the public?
.10 cents per unassisted copy

7. What do you charge for copies made by the Recorder's Staff?
$2.00 per printed page

8. Does your county offer on-line access? If so, is there a cost involved?
Yes, see www.uslandrecords.com. No charge.

9. What is your County Auditor's conveyance fee?
$1.00 per $1000.00

10. What is your County Auditor's transfer fee?
50 cents per parcel

11. Does your county require a SASE or postage?
Yes, both

12. Does your county have Registered Land (Torrens)?

13. Does your county supply blank forms for purchase?

14. What is your county's document turn-around time?
24 hours

15. Does your office record Soldiers Discharge Records (DD214)?

16. What is your policy for handling documents that are over or under in filing fees?
Shortages- Depending on the type of documents enclosed we record what we can and return the rest for fee shortages unless they have an established account with money in it that we can use.

Overages - We record the document and deposit the remaining balance in an account in their name.